I am looking to start a dance crew - specifically for busking in Hongdae. My name is Taylor. I am a 24-year-old Canadian living in Korea. I plan to stay here permanently.
QR Code Link to This Post
We will spend the summer months getting to know each other, forming a team, and practicing. We will start busking in September or October. (We will also watch busking together so we can discuss what works, doesn’t work..see how buskers work the crowd, etc.) (Good dancing is great...but being able to entertain the crowd is even better!...and it gets much more tips.)
I have access to speakers, mic, etc.
Dance studio rental fees will be split between all crew members, so it will not be that high.
Tips from busking will be put in a pool for all of us to use for things we will need as a crew (dance studio fees, costumes, etc.) If we do well, and make extra, the tips will be split among the members.
I would like this to be a long-term family kind of crew. I’d like to expand to Instagram, YouTube, build up a fan base, etc.
1. You must be in Korea permanently or extremely long-term.
2. Both foreigners and Koreans, guys and girls welcome
3. You must be of legal age.
4. You must be willing to practice a few times weekly altogether, as well as practice on your own.
5. You must be available to busk at least a few times weekly starting in September/October (Yes, even during winter months).
It’s difficult to reserve good busking times, so you must be flexible. (Usually 4-6 or 6-8, but we will do our best to reserve 8-10 time slots as that is the best.)
The dancing will be mainly kpop dances as that is what works well for the audience. However, we can also include some other styles.
If you are interested, please reach out and tell me a bit about yourself and state:
1. How long you are in korea
2. Your age, nationality, and gender
3. That you can commit to practicing a few times weekly and busking a few times weekly.
You MUST include two videos - one dancing for at least 1 minute to a girl group song and one dancing for at least 1 minute to a boy group song. (It is ok is you prefer or are better at boy vs. girl group dances. Simply state so. But you must include both.) (Personally I am partial to boy group dances and barely do girl groups despite being a girl lol)
I am open to have a fair number of members in this crew. Not all members need to know all dances and not all members need to busk every single time.
Once we have at least a few people, we can start and build up from there over time.